If you are reading this, you are probably the parent of a teen, an individual who is curious about the behavior of young adults, or a person who has contact with adolescents. Before you start the journey to understand this age group… take your vitamins. You will need all the energy, and patience you can get.
So much is happening at this time in life, chemically in the body, organically in the brain, and developmentally both socially and emotionally. And just for kicks, let’s throw in social pressures and the availability of mind altering drugs! It is challenging to even watch, no less navigate. And if it’s hard for us, imagine how hard it is to live inside that body? Oh wait, perhaps you can.
I started my career at the age of 24 as a 7th grade teacher, and my husband and I have launched two productive happy adults. It wasn’t easy. And it probably won’t be for you, but I can help.
- Your Lying Teen, and What You Can do About it.
- How to Tell a Troubled Teen from a Normal Teen
- Rule One for Raising Well Behaved Teens, Be a Well Behaved Parent
- My Child is a Teenager, and that means… Brain Malfunction
- She Wants to be a Witch! And Here’s Why That is Good
- Want to Help Your Children Succeed? Teach Them to Wait for the Marshmallow.
- Just When You Thought it Was Safe to Drink the Water